The video below, addresses our approach and thinking.
Organisational Development for Family Businesses
Drawing on our distinctive understanding of asset ownership and business building we advise on strategy, growth and people. We work internationally with long-standing family enterprises and entrepreneurs of today.
Family Succession Planning
We conduct ‘health checks’ on succession structures of families, reviewing what’s in place and asking the important ‘what-ifs’.
The video below, addresses succession planning, changing demographics, how the ageing process affects decision making and family relationships, and the planning needed.
Family Asset Protection
We conduct ‘health checks’ on asset protection structures of families, reviewing what’s in place and asking the important ‘what-ifs’.
The video below, addresses asset protection and focuses on how wealth can become destructive for family relationships, and the measures families can take. This video also touches on why tax should not be the driver of asset protection and succession.
We evaluate family governance structures and recommend enhancements where required.
The video below, addresses family governance and how families seek to document, through the development of family constitutions and charters, their relationships and approaches to governance and dispute resolution.
Family Office Development
We implement changes with respect to building or reorganising family offices which could include:
- Grow the family office in an organic way, including hiring, employee assessment and development
- Consolidate or adapt trust, wealth management and philanthropy structures
- Ensure family succession is appropriately considered for transition
- Evaluate investment strategy and risk management procedures
- Ensure adequate controls, clear governance and reporting lines
The video below, addresses our approach to shaping family offices.
We provide perspectives on philanthropy and giving, including for the next generation on how to engage. We have experience in creating good governance and reporting frameworks and measuring sustainable impact.
The video below, addresses our approach to philanthropy and giving.
Our partnership with Cambridge Judge Business School encapsulates our approach to education and engagement.
- From October 2018 a Responsible Family Business and Wealth Ownership Programme created by Cambridge University, Ispahani Advisory and Philip Marcovici will be delivered at Cambridge Judge Business School.
- Our programme focuses on next generation and business succession but importantly also on ownership and application of more passive wealth and holistic needs of families.
- Our curriculum focuses on areas in which Cambridge University resources are fully employed to achieve outstanding leadership in family business and wealth ownership.
- Through research and the building of a global community, we believe we can address some of the most important issues facing our societies today and in the years to come.
- We aim to improve not only the well-being and financial and business interests of the families involved, but of the societies and communities we all live and operate within.
For more video content about the programme please click here
Organisational Development for Private Businesses
Advising Private Businesses
We draw on our distinctive understanding of asset ownership and business building to advise on strategy, growth and people. We work internationally with entrepreneurs of today.
Board and Senior Executive Appointments
We make Senior Executive and Non-Executive Director appointments for private businesses globally. We are experts in talent management and assessment. This encompasses the strategic people-related processes that create value and help Boards, family businesses and leadership teams achieve their goals. Key capabilities include:
- Board appointments
- Executive Search
- Retention and Development
We use Dimensions assessment methodology developed by Roger Holdsworth, one of the world’s pioneers of assessment, measuring personality most predictive of successful performance at work. Dimensions was developed with emphasis on combining scientific rigour and business relevance.
Strategic Career Advisory and Mentoring
We listen to and advise senior executives facing planned or unplanned change following restructuring; transitioning between companies and sectors; or creating a portfolio after being a full-time executive. We have perspective on a range of scenarios including:
- Adding a non-executive director role whilst maintaining executive responsibilities
- Growing within a family owned business
- Moving between private sector and not for profit/public sector
- Entrepreneur planning for eventual sale