Family businesses, family wealth and family legacy are all potentially at risk, in the absence of appropriate governance structures. There are ways of mitigating these risks thereby avoiding the problems of others to become those of our own families.
- We evaluate family governance structures and recommend enhancements where required.
- We establish family councils providing a structured forum for family members to contribute to developing their strategic plan and policies.
- We design and conduct “family retreats”, including individual meetings with all family members to ensure collaborative outcomes that stand the test of time.
- We guide families on the process of creating family constitutions and related governance.
- We provide input into the creation of shareholder agreements